Energizing your GL
Signs your GL needs re-energizing:
- You have accounts with the letter A after them, e.g. 1200A (There was no room at the inn!),
- In order to prepare certain reports, someone has to analyze transactions in an account line by line (as if they don’t have better things to do),
- When creating financial statements you have to pick an account here and an acount there (cherry picking without the pie at the end), and
- Transactions are posted to “Other” because there is no specific place for them to go.
Do you feel stuck with a system that can’t be changed? Consider a re-implementation of your existing software. We download all the transactions you need, reformat them given your current needs and upload them into a new company. Then:
- Not only will we get rid of the “A” accounts, but we’ll also have space for new ones,
- The chart of accounts will be detailed enough to handle all your reports,
- The accounts will be in logical places, making it easy to create new reports, and
- Every transaction will have a home.
How does that sound?