Energized Accounting is about getting the most out of your accounting system, by:
- Reviewing your current system
- Implementing new software
- Being an interim or part time CFO
- Building a reporting system (Management, Board, Funder and/or Government
- Fundraising analysis and support
- Not For Profit consulting
Systems need to do at least 3 things well:
- Record transactions (such as deposits and payments),
- Government reporting (e.g. tax and regulatory requirements), and
- Support good decision making.
But decision makers put up with reports that:
- Take weeks to run,
- Are out of date, or
- Have too many (or too few) numbers.
Does this describe your system?
- Manual spreadsheets instead of system reports,
- Entering the same information into multiple systems, or
- You don’t trust (or can’t use) the results.
Bill Kennedy is a Toronto Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, formerly CA), Microsoft Certified Professional, Project Manager and former CFO of The United Church of Canada. He works primarily with Canadian charities to streamline accounting processes and produce readable, engaging financial reporting. He is an experienced implementer of Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and NAV (Navision) as well as being a writer and blogger, with a focus on helping non-profits succeed.
In 2014, Bill became one of the first Canadians to be designated a Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) as part of a new, continent wide certification program.
While we work with QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and NAV (Navision), we also work with systems that are no longer officially supported.
A-Way Express (2016 – Present) Treasurer – Nonprofit courier company
United Church (1986 – Present) Board positions, including HR, Communications, Treasurer of an Alzheimer’s home, congregation web site, music.
Canadian Children’s Opera Chorus (2005 – 2007) Treasurer
Rotary (1991 – 1996) Awarded Paul Harris Fellowship for community service running Camp Enterprise for aspiring high school entrepreneurs.
University of Toronto Schools Alumni (1986 – 1995) Treasurer then Fundraising Chair, increasing annual givings by 40%.
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO, formerly ICAO), Committee Member and Tax Clinic volunteer.